Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anything as Nothing and Nothing as Anything

After a completely unscientific poll, solely among people who know me, the subject of this blog has been determined:  It will be about anything.  Not quite the Blog About Nothing, but close.  I think it’s because, like its source, this thing just won’t be able to focus on only one thing.  There’s too much happening in the world, in town, in the lives of family & friends, and in my brain.  Music, movies, laws, protests, poetry, memories, lessons, strong people, weak people, social mores, candy…you name it and it’s likely to have flashed past my mind’s eyes at some point.  And if not, well, you just introduced it.  See how these things work?  

I will suggest that if you’re a parent, you pay attention to what your kids read.  Both my parents were in the Navy and I have four older brothers, so salty language is not foreign to me and I often enjoy employing it in the presence of adults.  Maybe I should offer the same disclaimer to the faint of heart or easily offended.   Consider it offered. (It IS in the settings, after all.)

It’s going to be fun to see what entries wind up longer, which ones will be compact, or what I dig up in my closets and boxes that will get my brain clicking. And, maybe it's because I work in public radio, but I feel like thanking you for seeking this out and spending time here.  Don’t worry, I won’t ask you to send me money.  Any topic you want me to tackle, just let me know.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I will be subscribing. (Deron)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'LL ask them to send money. Send money! Yay for you blogging!

    ReplyDelete